Monday, February 4, 2008

Slow start.

This blog is like the fire you've tried to get going out in the wind and cold up north, huddled around with nothing more than your late-summer sweatshirts and beer in your gut to keep you warm. Not to worry, friends. Soon, this baby will be blazing and white-hot. We'll throw our bottles of beer into it and watch them melt before our eyes, shifting shapes and changing colors. But anyway, yeah, that bowling event was a real dandy. Tons of fun. I thought I had Ted for a moment but before I could get a handle on my game, the booze got a handle on me. I remember squinting down there at the ol' pins and willing them to stop moving. It was strange. Nelson kept taking pictures. Yet in this retarded drunken stupor I still clung to the belief that I could win. Well, I didn't. In fact, I think I only had the third best score that not. But fuck if it wasn't fun as hell. I haven't been bowling since, I'm sad to say. Which brings me to this: lets bowl you bastards. As soon as possible. I'm talking a big outing, without trophies or with, very soon. Lets get this together. Word.

No comments: